A1 – A must for working abroad

What is it?

All employees sent for work across Europe are obliged to have an A1 form.

The A1 (formerly E101 or E103) is an internationally recognised form that allows EU-based employees to work from other EU and EEA* countries without paying additional social and health insurance fees. It proves you pay insurance in another European country, and therefore prevents you from being fined.

Who does it concern?

The A1 form is obligatory for Czech residents working in multiple EU* states. 

Whether it is a half-day business trip or a year abroad, having the A1 form is a legal requirement and not fulfilling it could result in fines. The A1 is valid for up to 24 months and can be re-issued, given the employee fulfills a two-month break after the expiration date before re-applying.

How to get your A1?

At ReloCare we can submit the A1 application for you so you can save time and focus on work. Keep in mind that the authorities demand between 30 – 40 working days for issuing the form, so make sure you let us know well ahead of your trip.

For A1 information and support, contact our A1 consultant Lucie Šimonová at lucie@relocare.cz.

*The A1 form is valid across the EU, the EEA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway), Switzerland and the UK.

Consultations for HR

Consultations for HR professionals

Looking for information about immigration and relocation?  Book a one-on-one online consultation with one of our immigration experts to discuss any possible issues you are facing regarding your expat employees.

To book a session, contact our Head of Immigration Kristýna at kristyna@relocare.cz and our team will get back to you quickly.

Questions & Answers

Confused about how the Covid pandemic will affect your employees’ immigration status? We gathered the most frequent questions and answered them for you.



Don’t see the answer to your question? Email our expert Kristyna at kristyna@relocare.cz and she’ll get in touch shortly.

Kristýna Richtrová
Head of Immigration

+420 608 874 860